Closing date for applications: 12pm Monday 25th October 2021
For further information, or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01859 503 900.
|Job Title||Facilities Manager|
|Employer||West Harris Trust|
|Geographical Area||Isle of Harris, Outer Hebrides|
|Hours of Work||2 days/week Nov-March and 5 days/week April-Oct |
Plus out of hours service – two weeks on, two weeks off
|Salary||£24,000 FTE plus out of hours retainer and 6% employers pension contribution|
The successful applicant will be employed by the community owned West Harris Trust to be responsible for the maintenance of assets including Talla na Mara, the Cliff, the Old Seilebost School and renewables projects.
The primary roles of the successful candidate will be to:
- Ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of Trust properties and other assets, to include tasks such as repairs, decorating, grass cutting, pressure washing etc.
- Ensure company health and safety policies are adhered to, including the safe use of chemicals and equipment
- Produce health and safety policies as necessary
- Perform and document routine inspection and preventative maintenance activities
- Produce and update building management files
- Submit documentation as required
- Organise and coordinate different trades as required
- Obtain and record meter readings
- Room set up
- Occasional cleaning and office cover
- Provide an out of hours service to campervan hook-ups
- Any other tasks as directed by the Trust management
Completed application forms in writing to Linda Armstrong, Commercial Manager, West Harris Trust, Talla na Mara, Pairc Niseaboist, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AE or email email@example.com. From the applications the Trust will form a shortlist who will be asked for interview.
In employment the policy of WHT is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, disability, creed, colour, race, age, ethnic origin, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, or responsibility for dependants or is in any way disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
WHT will apply this policy to the recruitment, training, remuneration, conditions of employment and promotion of its staff at all levels. WHT will undertake both initiatives to encourage under-represented groups to apply for posts, and specific training measures designed to correct imbalances at any level within the said organisation in terms of representation by black and ethnic minority; female or disabled employees.
Job Title: Janitor/Handyperson -West Harris Trust
|Education and Training||Relevant knowledge and skills through experience in previous employment.||Essential E1|
|Knowledge and Experience||Experience of building maintenance and upkeep.Experience in adhering to health and safety policies and safe working procedures. Experience of organising and coordinating different trades. Experience of dealing with members of the public/tradespeople.||Essential E2 Essential E3 Desirable D1 Desirable D2|
|Skills and Abilities||Good practical skills Strong problem solving skills.Good IT skills. Ability to work independently, self motivating, but able to work as part of a small team.Strong people skills.Ability to speak Gaelic.||Essential E4 Essential E5 Desirable D3 Essential E6 Essential E7 Desirable D4|
|Other Factors||Flexibility with regard to working hours. Driving licence and access to a vehicle.||Essential E8 Essential E9|