Job Title: Growing West Harris Project Officer
Employer: West Harris Trust
Location: Isle of Harris, Outer Hebrides
Contract Type: 6 Months Fixed Term from April 2023
Hours: 15 hours per week with some evening/weekend work
Salary: £25,000 per annum (pro rata) plus 6% employers pension contribution
This post is part funded by the Third Sector Interface Communities Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund.
The West Harris Trust (WHT) is seeking to recruit an energetic and self-motivated individual with strong management and organisational skills to take forward an exciting project aimed at reducing social isolation and promoting social activities across the estate and wider community.
The successful applicant will work with the community to devise and deliver a programme of social events and activities with special emphasis on groups for the socially isolated and those impacted by the cost of living crisis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Growing West Harris Project Officer will take a leading role in the project, supported by WHT staff and volunteers throughout the project. Training will be provided where appropriate. The main duties and responsibilities are detailed below.
- In consultation with the community, develop and deliver a programme of social events and activities to include workshops, talks, health walks and community lunches.
- Encourage and support community led activities and groups.
- Recruit and support volunteers to support the project, offering training where appropriate.
- Liaise with third sector and statutory support organisations and promote these organisations within the community.
- Evaluate, monitor and report on progress and project finances; assisting with the submission of related reports to funding organisations in line with their requirements.
- Any other task to further the aims and objectives of the project.
How to Apply
For a full job description please visit the links below. For further information, please contact Linda Armstrong on 01859 503 900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com by 12pm Friday 17th March 2023.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or calling 01859 503 900.